Thursday 17 December 2009

Experimental Printmaking Short Course

At the beginning of the summer holidays i chose to sign up for a short course on printmaking at AUCB. It had been a focus of interest for me some time, and one of the aspects of illustration and image making that I have always enjoyed the most. For the first part it involved going over old ground and experimenting with mark making and the various print mediums but we eventually came to prepare some finished pieces of work in the last few weeks. I have included some examples of some of my prints; Lino cut, intaglio/relief, perspex etching and solar etching (in descending order). I think this course confirmed for me that printmaking is something that i would like to continue to pursue as part of my professional practice and possibly also for post-graduate study.







No comments:

Post a Comment