Thursday 17 December 2009

Negotiated Practice



The live brief that i chose to adopt for the bulk of my negotiated practice unit was the Penguin Design Awards competition to re-design the cover of Patrick Suskind's Perfume. The first thing i did to begin researching was to look into penguins brand identity via the book "Seven Hundred Penguins" which shows a fairly comprehensive history of cover design from the publishers conception to now, and the second was to buy the text itself. I also have a number of old penguin books with covers I have looked to for inspiration during this project. To begin image generation i chose to select excerpts of text that i thought would be particularly strong visually and create a body of work from which I could draw my finals.

http://www.penguin.co.uk/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,9780141031880,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment